Glandular Cystitis-Symptoms, Diagnosis, Therapies, PreventionsWhat is Glandular Cystitis?
Glandular Cystitis is a special type of chronic cystitis. Lots of experts think that is related with the chronic stimulation of bladder infection, obstruction, calculus, etc. It is thought to be a kind of non-neoplasti inflammatory lesion. This disease has a tendency to increase in recent years. It is regarded as a kind of precancerous lesion recently and about 4% patients with this disease may transform into bladder cancer after several years if without timely treatments.
What are Clinical Symptoms for Glandular Cystitis?
Clinical Symptoms for Glandular Cystitis are as follows:
1. Recurrent urinate frequency and urgency
2. Pain during urination
3. Have blood in urine
4. Abnormal pain in lower abdomen and perineum
5. Pain and swelling around the opening of urethral orifice
6. Abnormal pain on the pubic area and perineum
7. Painful sexual intercourse
How is Glandular Cystitis diagnosed?
Imageological diagnosis is important, but it generally depends on cystoscopy and biopsy.
Cystoscopy is characterized by:
1. The lesion is mainly at the area of trigonum vesicae or cervix;
2. The lesion is commonly in the structure of centricity, often scattered, in flakiness or clusters
3. The lesion has multi-shapes in nipple, lobular or follicle. The top of the lesion is close to transparent without blood vessel.
4. The ureteral orifice is not clear in most of cases.
How is Glandular Cystitis treated?
Pharmaceutical drug treatments, surgical treatment as well as the combination of both are the main therapies of Glandular Cystitis. Surgical treatment can be used within the cavity or open surgery, while drug therapy uses bladder irration method.
A. Adopting related treatment after dissolving infection, obstruction and stone of chronic stimulation.
After dissolving infection, obstruction and stone of chronic stimulation, related treatments will be adopted according to the lesion’s type, area and scope. Under the premise of treating bladder outlet obstruction, electric bright, electricity cut method and bladder perfusion, etc. are adopted. As it is recurrent for Glandular Cystitis, the damage to patients maybe slighter with the treatment of electric bright and electricity cut which can also be repeatedly. This therapy can be the main treatment for Glandular Cystitis.
B. Bladder Irritation
Similar to bladder tumor drugs, Bladder Irritation can be divided into two parts:
a. Chemical toxicity drugs can directly damage DNA and interfere with the DNA replication. It main effects ‘S’ period and has no effect on ‘Go’ period. Then it can inhibit the abnormal proliferation of abnormal bladder mucosa and atypical hyperplasia, etc.
b. Immune inhibitors, such as interleukin - 2, the BCG vaccine etc., can stimulates the body's immune response and local reactions to prevent recurrent lesions.
C. Herbal Medicine
Some herbal medicines are also optional to treat Glandular Cystitis, such as Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill, which can help one cure Glandular Cystitis safely and efficiently. It has no side effects and can kill bacteria and promote blood circulation.
How to prevent Glandular Cystitis?
Glandular Cystitis is caused by inflammation, but one’s living habits is also one significant factor leading to the disease. For example, it may lead to bladder infection if one uses aluminum cooking pot in long term or regularly drinks coffee, carbonated beverage, chocolate, wine, etc.,
As a result, the curing time will be longer if one’s diet is out of correct control in daily life. To prevent Glandular Cystitis, some suggestions and tips are listed below:
1. Eat more diuretic food, such as water melon, grape, pineapple, celery, pear, etc.
2. Eat more escargots, corn, green soybean and scallion as these food can relieve the symptoms of urinary frequency and urgency as well as painful urination.
3. Drink water as many as possible and keep at least 1500ml of urine output everyday.
4. Avoid spicy food like wine, pepper, vinegar, sour fruits, etc.
5. Avoid eating oranges because oranges may lead to alkaline urine that can accelerate the reproduction pace of bacteria.
6. Don’t eat much coffee because it can lead to the shrink of bladder neck and cause spasmodic pain.
- Previous：Vaginal Yeast Infection - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment