Seminal Vesiculitis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is seminal vesiculitis?
Seminal vesiculitis is an inflammation and often an infection of one or both vesicular glands, most often secondary to prostatitis, although it may occur independently. Seminal vesiculitis is mostly caused by staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus hemolyticus, and E. Coli. This condition often occur on men during 20 and 40 years old, with the typical symtom - blood in semen.
What are seminal vesiculitis causes?
Following is a list of causes or underlying conditions that could possibly cause Seminal vesiculitis includes:
The cause of vesiculitis appears to vary greatly as bacterial, viral, and unidentified causes have been blamed. Because of the expence of the antibiotic and labor to administer treatment, long term treatment with antimicrobials is not warrented unless one first collects a sample of seminal vescile fluid and determines that a bacterial infection is in fact present.
What are seminal vesiculitis symptoms?
Seminal vesiculitis symptoms include:
- Blood in semen. Red or pink semen is seen, sometimes blood clots can be found in semen fluid.
- Urinary discomfort. Pain with urination, burning with urination, urgent urination, frequent urination are all possible seminal vesiculitis symptoms.
- Pain. Lower abdominal pain is typical, the pain can spread locally in pelvic area to perineum area or the groins. Dull pain in upper pubis with perineum discomfort often occur on men with chronic seminal vesiculitis. Pain may aggravate with ejaculation.
- Others. Acute seminal vesiculitis may bring fever and chill. Blood in urine is one of acute seminal vesiculitis symptoms as well. Low sex drive, ED, premature ejaculation may occur on men with chronic seminal vesiculitis.
How is seminal vesiculitis diagnosed?
Seminal vesiculitis is diagnosed with semen analysis and digital rectal exam (DRE). Some times blood test is performed. Semen analysis is performed to check if there're large amount of white blood cells and red blood cells. Semen culture is also necessary to check if there's infection.
How is seminal vesiculitis treated?
Treatment of seminal vesiculitis is often the same with prostatitis treatment. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs are often prescribed for treating this disease. Herbal medicine "diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill" has also proven effective on curing seminal vesiculitis, it has helped thousand males get rid of Seminal vesiculitis symptoms completely without reoccur.
- Prostatitis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Gonorrhea - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Frequent/Urgent Need of Urination
- Blood in Semen
- Which is Better for Chronic Seminal Vesiculitis, Acupuncture or Herbal Medicine?
- The Common Symptoms of Chronic and Acute Seminal Vesiculitis
- What Are Inevitable Symptoms of Seminal Vesiculitis?
- The Common Chinese Herbs for Chronic Seminal Vesiculitis