Many people don't take constipation seriously. They think that constipation is not a disease and it will get better slowly.
In fact, constipation can not be ignored because it will bring a lot of harm to the body.
1. Cause anorectal diseases. Difficulty defecation and dry stool during constipation can directly cause or enhance anorectal disorders, such as proctitis, anal fissure, hemorrhoids, etc.
2. Cause gastrointestinal nerve dysfunction. Constipation can cause fecal retention, and the absorption of harmful substances can cause gastrointestinal nerve dysfunction, resulting in loss of appetite, abdominal fullness, belching, bitter mouth, and more anal exhaust.
3. Form fecal ulcers. The harder fecal mass compresses the intestinal lumen to narrow the intestinal lumen, and the surrounding structures of the pelvis hinder the expansion of the colon and cause the rectum or colon to be compressed to form fecal ulcers, which can cause intestinal perforation in severe cases.
4. Suffering from colon cancer. It may be due to constipation that the carcinogens in the intestine cannot be excluded for a long time. According to data, about 10% of people with severe constipation have colon cancer.
5. Induce the attack of heart and cerebrovascular diseases. Clinically, the incidence of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases caused by constipation, increased abdominal pressure, breath-holding, and vigorous defecation has been increasing yearly, such as induced angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, cerebral hemorrhage, sudden death from stroke, etc.
6. Cause sexual dysfunction. It is because the rectum is fatigued, the anus is contracted too tightly, and the spastic contraction of the bottom of the pelvis is caused by the long-term defecation, resulting in no ejaculation or loss of libido and no orgasm in sexual life.
7. It is easy for women to have symptoms such as dysmenorrhea, vaginismus, and urinary tract infection.
8. Affect brain function. During constipation, metabolites remain in the digestive tract for a long time, and the action of bacteria produces many harmful substances, such as methane, phenol, ammonia, etc. Some of these substances diffuse into the central nervous system and interfere with brain function. The outstanding performance is memory loss and distraction, slow thinking, etc.
9. Affect the immune system. People's gut flora is responsible for the body's immune response, including removing cellular debris, viruses, bacteria, and cancer cells. Since constipation is often associated with a loss or impairment of gut flora, the impact on the immune system can be significant.
10. Cause weight gain. Hormone imbalances, especially estrogen-related ones, are also associated with obesity. Not getting rid of these excess estrogens and allowing them to be reabsorbed back into your system may not be suitable for your waistline.
11. The effect of constipation on the skin. Constipation can lead to acne and breakouts. This occurs when toxins and waste products are reabsorbed back into the bloodstream through the colon rather than being eliminated. The study showed that 54% of acne patients had significantly altered gut flora.
Constipation can cause a lot of harm to the body, so people need to prevent constipation in time.
How to prevent constipation?
1. People should pay attention to their diet and eat more cellulose-containing foods to promote bowel movements. People should not eat too refined grains as their staple food. They can eat a few coarse grains every few days, preventing constipation.
2. People can eat a certain amount of fresh vegetables and fruits daily, drink more water, and eat apples on an empty stomach in the morning and evening to make the stool less hard.
3. People can exercise properly outside of work every day, sweat a lot, and drink a lot of water so as not to cause constipation.
4. After getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth, people can drink boiled water and honey on an empty stomach, relaxing the bowels and laxatives.
5. It is also good for people to have a regular bowel movement every night or in the morning, and they can also massage their abdomen before going to bed.
You may also be interested in: