Epididymitis Diet: Food Items To Limit and Allow
Epididymitis is a common disease among young and middle-aged people. When the immune system is weak, e.coli, staphylococcus, streptococcus, and other pathogenic bacteria will enter the vas deferens, retrograde, and then invade the epididymis, causing inflammation.
If infected with epididymitis, men should be checked in time to identify the cause and then take symptomatic treatments. Because epididymitis is a male reproductive and infectious disease that severely impacts the male reproductive system, if not promptly treated, it may lead to male infertility and other problems.
Therefore, Timely treatment of epididymitis is essential. For acute epididymitis, men need to use antibacterial drugs, intravenous injections, and oral medicine to treat it, and we also need to carry out some physical therapy. For chronic epididymitis, taking herbal medicine Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill from Wuhan Dr.Lee's TCM Clinic is effective and safe.
At the same time, men should also pay attention to the diet taboo during the treatment of epididymitis. A healthy diet can significantly promote the treatment of epididymitis.
1. Avoid spicy food
Patients with epididymitis should avoid spicy, stimulating, and cold food, such as onion, black pepper, chili, zanthoxylum, mustard, and fennel, to eliminate the source of endogenous moisture and heat. If men catch a cold in the groin, have excessive sexual intercourse, hold urine, and so on, it can easily cause sympathetic activity and induce difficulty in urination, which should also be avoided.
2. Don't eat stimulating food
Eat less pork hoof, fish soup, lamb, coriander, konjac, and other stimulating food. High-fat food also belongs to stimulating food. Because the high-fat food can cause increased secretion in the inflammation area, further infiltration and diffusion of inflammation, or aggravation of the symptoms.
3. Eat less high-cholesterol foods
Meat high in choline can also spread the inflammation further. Beef, lamb, and pork are a high-cholesterol and high-fat food, which patients should try to eat less.
4. Avoid greasy foods
Cream, fatty meat, lard, and so on are food rich in fat, which is prone to nourish bacteria and lead to many inflammatory bacteria reproduction. It is not conducive to the recovery of the body. It is recommended to eat low-fat foods.
5. Avoid foods that are not easily digested
Rice cake, glutinous rice, and other foods are challenging to digest, which can easily lead to slow intestinal peristalsis and abdominal fullness that are not beneficial to the recovery of the body. It is recommended to eat food that is easy to digest.
6. Eat less gassy foods
Taro, sweet potato, onion, and other foods are easy to produce gas, which can cause intestinal bloating and affect the absorption of nutrients in the intestine, which is not conducive to the recovery of patients. It is recommended to eat food that does not produce gas.
Diet regulation is also essential to the rehabilitation of epididymitis, which usually can play an auxiliary therapeutic effect. Therefore, more attention should be paid to diet.
1. Eat antibacterial and anti-inflammatory food, which plays a huge role in treating inflammatory and infectious diseases adjuvantly.
2. Eat heat-clearing and detoxifying food, which can promote the expulsion of toxins from the body and benefit the recovery of the disease. Eating plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits is recommended because many fruits are rich in vitamin C.
3. Eat foods that can enhance immunity. High-protein nutrients can improve human immunity and promote the absorption of nutrients, which is helpful to the recovery of the disease.
You may also be interested in:
- Previous article：Can You Smoke During Epididymitis Treatment?
- Next article：Poor Physique with Epididymitis, Strengthen Exercise is Important