The epididymis is located at the upper of the testis, composed of many small and tortuous tubes, which connect the testis and vas deferens. Epididymis enables sperm connecting the testis to continue to develop and grow, it plays a very important role in maintaining the physiological function of men.
However, when the severe condition of epididymitis occurs, sometimes timely surgery, excision of pathological tissue is needed to prevent the deterioration of the disease and alleviate the pain and symptoms of patients.
After surgery, the male body resistance will be relatively low, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, and other pathogens will take the opportunity to enter the vas deferens and then retrograde invasion of the epididymis triggered by inflammation. Epididymitis often secondary to posterior urethritis, prostatitis, seminal vesiculitis, and other diseases, the harm is relatively great.
Therefore, if we can not do a good job of post-operative care, it is likely to lead to the recurrence of epididymitis, adverse effects on male health, and even may affect the male reproductive system and normal sexual functions. Below is a specific introduction to how to recuperate epididymitis after surgery, hoping to be helpful to you.
Men with epididymitis should pay attention to:
1. Improve their dietary structure and avoid high cholesterol foods
Patients with epididymitis should be encouraged to eat less red meat (such as pork, beef, mutton, etc.) with high cholesterol, and more white meat (such as chicken and fish) with low cholesterol. It is better not to eat spicy, greasy and irritating food, which will have adverse effects on wound healing. Food with adequate vitamins and dietary fibers will help wound healing and recovery of the disease.
2. Do not eat spicy and stimulating food after surgery, and prohibit drinking
If the lower part of the body of men is exposed to coldness, frequent sex and holding back urine can easily cause sympathetic nerve excitement and induce dysuria, so attention should also be paid to avoid the above things.
3. After epididymitis operation, patients should keep their regular life and keep their stools regular.
4. After the operation, patients should not immediately walk on the ground or carry out activities, rest in bed is better, and they should hold up the testicles in order to avoid symptoms such as testicular edema.
5. In life, patients can also use the hot compress for local treatment, which can promote blood circulation, improve metabolism and reduce the symptoms of testicular edema.
After the operation, proper nursing measures can make the wound heal as soon as possible, so that the patients can recover as soon as possible. Postoperative cooperation with Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill with the effects of promoting blood circulation, promoting qi, relieving pain, clearing heat and detoxification, promoting diuresis and relieving stranguria can not only consolidate the therapeutic effect but also help patients improve the reproductive system environment and immunity, so as to get a thorough cure.