Ureaplasma urealyticum is a kind of microorganism between bacteria and viruses, and it can cause non-gonococcal urethritis, prostatitis, etc. And it can be transmitted through sex or indirectly. So how do men know that if they have Ureaplasma urealyticum? What tests should they do?
(1) Collection of specimens
The swab should be deep into the urethra for 2 to 4 cm when male patients take samples, and the swab should be rotated forcefully to obtain cells. Avoid contact with antibiotics, analgesics, or lubricants when collecting specimens.
(2) Common methods of mycoplasma detection
1. PCR: It has considerable diagnostic value, but it is difficult to obtain quantitative results, and can not evaluate the sensitivity of antibiotics and other biological characteristics.
2. Serological test for Mycoplasma antibody: It lacks sensitivity and specificity.
3. Indirect immunofluorescence test: It has the advantages of rapidity, reproducibility, sensitivity, and specificity to detect genital mycoplasma antibodies.
4. Blood routine: Peripheral white blood cell count is normal, eosinophil increases.
5. Serological examination: Mycoplasma was inoculated into agar dishes, and serum-soaked filter paper was placed on the agar surface to see, which could control the growth of Mycoplasma and diagnose which type the Mycoplasma serotype infection is.
6. Pathogenic detection: Pathogenic tests are usually required to detect male Ureaplasma urealyticum. There are two main types of specimens obtained. One is the secretion of the male urethral orifice. If there is no secretion, we can test it through urine, as well as prostatic fluid and semen.
7. Pathogen culture: There are two commonly used detection methods; one is the cultivation of pathogens. The main advantage of this culture is that it can detect which drugs can respond to the pathogen and obtain the results of the drug sensitivity of the pathogen.
8. Nucleic acid detection: In addition, there is a more new way to detect nucleic acids. The advantage of nucleic acid detection is that it is not limited to secretion culture. In urine or other samples, only the nucleic acid of the pathogen can be detected, and the detection rate will be higher. But its disadvantage is that it can not obtain the drug sensitivity results of pathogens.
The standard for the cure of Ureaplasma urealyticum:
If men get Mycoplasma infection, the highest detection rate of infection of sexual partners can reach 36.8%, so it is necessary for them to check and treat at the same time in order to avoid re-infection.
Sensitive antibiotics are needed for treatment; azithromycin and doxycycline are commonly used antibiotics for Ureaplasma urealyticum infection. However, due to the increasing drug resistance of Ureaplasma urealyticum in recent years, if the above two drugs can not be completely cured, herbal medicine Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill can be selected for regular treatment.
It has the characteristics of spectrum antimicrobial. Moreover, it can clear away heat and detoxify, activate blood circulation, and remove blood stasis, effectively kill pathogens and pathogens causing diseases, turn the Mycoplasma negative, and prevent a recurrence. Besides, it will not cause any side effects on the human body. After the treatment, it is necessary to review whether the urinary and cervical secretions are negative periodically.
Criteria for cure are:
1. The clinical symptoms have disappeared for more than a week, and the white blood cells in the urethral secretions or secretions were less than 4/100 times under the microscope.
2. Urine clarification and sediment tests were negative.
3. Mycoplasma examination of urethral or cervical specimens was negative.
Notices for Ureaplasma urealyticum Examination:
1. Mycoplasma carriers should use condoms while having sex, and mycoplasma infections patients should avoid sex before they are cured.
2. If patients’ sexual partners also have some symptoms of urethritis, and they should be examined and treated in hospitals, too.
3. Do a good job of sexual hygiene and health care, and say no to unclean sexual behavior.
4. Prohibit alcohol, avoid spicy food, and drink more water.
5. Do the necessary isolation in the family, use the bath towel, washbasin, bathtub, toilet separately, or disinfect after use.