How can Patients with Urinary Tract Infections Protect Themselves and Prevent the UTI?
When treated with certain medications, like Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill, the symptoms of urinary tract infection usually disappear within a few days; however, patients may need to continue taking the drug for a week or more, depending on the response to the drug.
In addition to drug treatment, drink plenty of water and maintain a daily urine output above 2000ml, which plays a function in urinary tract flushing and is also very important for treating urinary tract infections.
In addition, gonococcal urethritis is also very common at present. If any, gonorrhea should be treated first. The application of herbal medicine in treating urinary tract infections has accumulated a lot of clinical experience. Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill ingredients, such as plantain, houttuynia cordata, etc., can clear away heat, detoxify, eliminate inflammation, and sterilize. In addition, patients should strengthen nutrition and physical fitness.
How to protect patients with urinary tract infections?
The modern medical model has changed from the traditional biomedical model to the social psycho-medical model, and everyone is gradually valuing psychotherapy. The causes of urinary tract infections in the elderly are more complicated.
Mood fluctuations, such as anger, sadness, and irritability, can aggravate urinary tract infections. If patients can maintain a good mood and relieve tension, many older people with chronic urinary tract infections can often reduce their illness, reduce recurrences, and even recover.
Further, participate in more sports activities suitable for the elderly, such as tai chi, brisk walking, jogging, etc., to enhance physical fitness and improve the body's defense functions, thereby reducing the chance of bacteria invading the body.
2.Keep the genitals clean.
The vulva is moist and has many secretions, the most accessible place for bacteria to grow and multiply. In addition, bacteria are also the most common pathogens that cause urinary tract infections.
Therefore, keeping the vulva clean and hygienic is one of the most effective ways to prevent urinary tract infections. It is required to clean the vulva with warm water every day, and the vulva can also be cleaned with 1:10000 potassium permanganate solution. If the male foreskin is too long, it is easy to cause urinary tract infection, so it must be cleaned and kept clean every day.
3. Strengthen diet and recovery.
The elderly are often weak and have low disease resistance, becoming the pathological basis for recurrent and persistent urinary tract infections. Therefore, it is necessary to strengthen diet and recuperation while giving medication.
In the remission period, it is advisable to eat more foods that nourish the kidney, such as lean meat, fish, shrimp, fungus, etc., to strengthen the body and improve its immunity. During the attack period, mainly light and digestible foods are rich in nutrients. Drink more light tea or boiled water, and eat detoxification and diuretic products, such as mung bean soup, pears, etc. Eat less spinach because spinach contains more oxalic acid.
The combination of oxalic acid and calcium can produce insoluble calcium oxalate, which is easy to form stones in patients with chronic urinary tract infections. Avoid alcohol and smoking, and do not eat spicy and irritating things, such as peppers, garlic, spices, and so on.
Introduction to prevention methods of urinary tract infection
1. Keep the vulva clean.
(1) Baby girls should change their diapers in time after urinating and defecation, washing the perineum and buttocks, and the diapers used must be clean. Children after the age of 1, regardless of male or female, should wear concealed pants and not sit on the spot to avoid the vulva and urinary tract infection.
(2) Adults should wash their vulva once a day, change their underwear frequently, wipe the anus after stool, and avoid bringing dirt from the anus to the urethral opening.
(3) Sit bathing is prohibited. If patients sit in the bathtub and take a bath, sewage can quickly enter the urethra and cause infection. Because the female urethra is short and wide, and the urethral opening is close to the vagina and anus, special attention should be paid.
2. Pay awareness to sexual hygiene.
The cause of urinary tract infections, poor sexual hygiene habits are more common, and germs from the vulva, vagina, and urethra of one male and female are very easy to pass to each other. They are also prone to self-infection.
Therefore, the external genitalia should be cleaned before sex. If contraceptives are used, they should be cleaned or disinfected. Patients should urinate once before and after sexual intercourse. In addition, quit masturbation, especially masturbation with utensils, to prevent urinary tract infections and injuries.
3. Prevent urine retention.
(1) When having a desire to urinate, urinate in time, do not hold back urine, and empty the bladder every night before going to bed.
(2) Women who are pregnant more than five months should sleep on the left and right sides to avoid the uterus compressing the ureter and causing poor urine flow.
(3) Actively treat diseases that cause urinary tract obstruction, such as urinary calculi, tumors, benign prostatic hyperplasia, phimosis, renal ptosis, scar stenosis, and congenital malformations of the urinary tract.
4. Eliminate invading germs.
(1) Actively treat infectious diseases, such as tonsillitis, skin swelling or trauma infection, cholecystitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, appendicitis, prostatitis, dental caries infection, sinusitis, etc. Adequate medication is required to thoroughly clean and prevents germs from passing through the blood. The lymphatic tract, etc., enter the urinary tract, and at the same time, kills the bacteria that have invaded the urinary tract.
(2) Drink plenty of boiled water to increase urine output. The urine will continuously flush the urinary tract, expel bacteria and toxins as soon as possible, and keep the urinary tract clean.
12 Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections(UTI)
The different symptoms and prevention of urinary tract infection between man and woman
Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection Can Not Only Depend on the Results of Drug Sensitivity Tests
- Previous article：Risk factors for nongonococcal urethritis
- Next article：How to Deal with Urinary Tract Infection in Men? 5 Steps to Get Well Soon!