Orchitis is one of the diseases that affect men's health. If it is mild, it will affect their social intercourse. If it is severe, it will affect their fertility and even their lives. In order to get rid of it as soon as possible, it is very important to understand its symptoms.
According to medical classification, common orchitis can be divided into infectious and noninfectious types.
1. Bacterial infection
Common bacterial infections can be divided into acute and chronic. The bacterial infection is usually caused by pathogenic bacteria such as Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
The main characteristics of acute infection are as follows:
1. The prevalence of acute bacterial infection is sudden;
2. There are spontaneous phenomena, and most patients will have high fever, chills, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms;
3. Pain, lateral testicular pain and tenderness were obvious, and there was radiation pain in the scrotum, thigh root, and groin area;
4. When the symptoms are severe, pus will appear, which is thick and smelly;
5. There will be swelling of testicles with hard texture and redness of scrotum skin.
The patients of chronic type can be distinguished from the acute type mainly are slow onset, testicular swelling, significant tenderness, but there will be testicular swelling, clear and dilute pus without odor will purulent after breaking.
In addition to the above two, there is also focal orchitis (the disease is similar to bacterial infection, but similar to the clinical manifestations of testicular tumors, which need to be differentiated). And brucellosis orchitis (occurred in Saudi Arabia and other brucellosis epidemic areas with a possibility of recurrence).
2. Viral infection
Acute mumps testitis is common, and a small part of it is combined with orchitis. This disease is caused by atrophy of seminiferous tubules of testis caused by direct invasion of the testis by the mumps virus. Its reaction is very similar to bacterial disease, which has inflammation reactions such as redness, swelling and pain, and also high fever and fluid.