For prostatitis, a disease of the male genitourinary system, conditioning is generally used within the scope of traditional Chinese medicine. In addition to taking medicine, there is also an operation with auxiliary functions - acupuncture. This ancient Chinese medicine technique has always played an essential role in health care, so how does acupuncture treat prostatitis?
Acupuncture therapy is a combination of the pointer method and moxibustion method. Acupuncture is inserting filigree needles into the patient's body at certain acupoints and using acupuncture techniques such as twisting and lifting to treat diseases. Moxibustion uses the burning moxa to scorch the skin at specific acupoints and heat stimulation to treat infections.
According to different types of prostatitis, we need to have a roughly corresponding treatment method:
1. Treatment of conventional chronic prostatitis: Dazhui acupoint, Hegu acupoint, Zusanli acupoint, Sanyinjiao acupoint, Taixi acupoint and Yinlingquan acupoint are selected as acupoints. Patients with the actual disease will cause mild diarrhea under stimulation, and patients with deficiency symptoms can be slightly stimulated or moxibustion. Doctors need to choose the frequency of acupuncture according to the patient's symptoms.
2. Treatment of chronic prostatitis with congestion type: The acupoints are Zhibian acupoint and Taichong acupoint, adopting the purging method, acupuncture and moxibustion once a day, ten days as a course of treatment.
3. Treatment of prostatitis of liver and kidney yin deficiency type: acupoints choose Xinshu acupoint, Guanyuan acupoint, Taixi acupoint, Yongquan acupoint, and Sanyinjiao acupoint. Acupuncture and moxibustion are practiced once a day, and ten times are a course of acupuncture and moxibustion.
4. Treatment of chronic prostatitis caused by damp heat and unstable essence and qi: Guanyuan acupoint, Zhongji acupoint, Taichong acupoint and Huiyin acupoint are selected as acupoints. Three moxibustion needles are added to Taichong and Guanyuan points, respectively. The needles of the Zhongji point will radiate downward, and massage can also be performed on the perineum and the duration of alternating acupuncture is 5-30 minutes every other day.
5. Treatment of prostatitis with yang deficiency of spleen and kidney: choose Guanyuan acupoint, Yinlingquan acupoint, Taixi acupoint and Zusanli acupoint. Acupuncture and tonic method, the needles are retained for 30 minutes. Once a day, ten times as a course of treatment. Moxibustion can be done on the above-mentioned points with wormwood. Each point is moxibusted for 3 to 4 minutes, once a day or every other day. It can be used alternately with acupuncture.
For the treatment of chronic prostatitis with acupuncture and moxibustion, it is mainly to see whether the meridians are selected during the treatment. The treatment can only be carried out on the basis of choosing the correct meridians. Otherwise, acupuncture will not cure prostatitis, and it will also cause physical discomfort to the patient due to improper selection of meridian positions. It is recommended that when you choose acupuncture to treat prostatitis, it is best to choose old Chinese medicine practitioners with certain operating experience to be safer.
Acupuncture is generally effective in the treatment of chronic prostatitis. Using acupuncture and moxibustion can effectively relieve the corresponding symptoms of prostatitis and reduce the patient's pain. The acupuncture points generally choose Qihai, Shenshu, Sanyinjiao, and Guanyuan. Acupuncture can be used to treat the kidney and spleen to achieve the purpose of diuresis and the cultivation of vitality. After a course of acupuncture treatment, the symptoms of prostatitis can be significantly improved.
In addition to acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine can also be used to regulate the patient's body, such as taking Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory pill with the functions of clearing away heat and detoxifying, promoting blood circulation, and relieving pain, and diuretic and stranguria. Oral administration and external treatment can effectively help patients resolve discomfort symptoms caused by prostatitis.
Patients should change their unhealthy lifestyle habits during treatment. They need to avoid the symptoms of staying up late. Patients need to add more water to increase urination, which is conducive to reducing inflammation. Their diet is to be bland. They should also keep their hygiene clean and change their underwear frequently.