Pain in the Lower Abdomen after Ejaculation? Beware of Prostatitis!
Ejaculation pain is a pain in the penis, urethra, perineum, and lower abdomen when a man ejaculates. Pain in the lower abdomen after ejaculation is a type of ejaculatory pain, which is a symptom that many men may experience during sex. There are various reasons why the symptom can occur, so can prostatitis cause it?
Pain in the lower abdomen after ejaculation is most commonly associated with prostatitis, and patients who develop chronic prostatitis will experience painful ejaculation symptoms. As the semen contains pathogenic microorganisms, when the semen is ejaculated into the urethra, there will be urethral discomfort, and there will also be hidden pain or distension in the bladder area and lower abdomen.
In addition, if the sex life is too frequent, leading to prostate congestion and edema state caused by the symptoms, then the prostate may be infected with inflammation, and inflammation repeated stimulation of the prostate tissue, then will be spread to the person's abdomen, thus causing lower abdominal pain.
Finally, prostatitis may also be complicated by seminal vesiculitis, which causes lower abdominal pain.
It is worth noting that although prostatitis can cause painful ejaculation, this symptom is not the only criterion for determining prostatitis. That is to say, prostatitis, while causing pain in the lower abdomen after ejaculation, is often accompanied by other symptoms, such as urinary urgency, frequent and painful urination, increased urination at night, and other symptoms of urinary abnormalities, and even white discharge after urination or defecation. Therefore, patients may have to make a judgment based on multiple symptoms.
The best way to determine this is to go to the hospital and have a prostate fluid test done to find out the exact condition. If the test result shows more white blood cells and fewer lecithin bodies, the diagnosis of prostate inflammation can be confirmed in most cases.
So, what should you do to relieve post-ejaculation lower abdominal pain caused by prostatitis?
1. Antibiotic Treatment: Most prostatitis will be significantly relieved by the application of antibiotics, so patients can try antibiotics first and extend the course appropriately after it is effective, such as levofloxacin, azithromycin, cefdinir, and other broad-spectrum antimicrobials.
2. α-blockers: α-adrenergic receptor blockers, which can selectively act on the posterior urethra, bladder neck, prostate, ejaculatory ducts, etc., making ejaculatory ducts smooth muscle relaxation and diastole, to play a role in relieving pain and controlling inflammation, commonly used tamsulosin, doxazosin, terazosin and so on.
3. Pain Killer: If the pain is more pronounced, symptomatic pain treatment can be used, such as the use of indomethacin suppositories, diclofenac, ibuprofen, celecoxib, rofecoxib and so on, which are all more effective in pain relief.
4. Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment: Traditional Chinese medicine Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill is powerful and direct to the affected area. They first open the peritoneal channels and the gland ducts so that inflammatory substances are smoothly discharged from the body so that the prostate achieves the external conditions of recovery. After insisting on taking the pill, the prostate can be restored to health, the healthy channels are all connected, urination is smooth, energy is abundant, and ejaculation pain and other uncomfortable symptoms all disappear.
5. Warm Sitz Baths Therapy: Patients can insist on warm sitz baths daily, which are conducive to reducing inflammation, improving local blood supply, and promoting the early absorption of inflammation.
In addition, patients must pay attention to not drinking alcohol, not eating spicy and stimulating food, not sitting for a long time, avoiding overwork, and staying up late. Prostatitis patients do not require abstinence, although there is ejaculation pain, but appropriate ejaculation is still needed to facilitate the treatment of the disease. However, patients should take safety measures while having proper sex.