Is Sitz Bath Suitable For All Patients With Prostatitis?
There are many ways to treat prostatitis, such as herbal medicine Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill, which features a great effect on dispelling inflammation and repelling painful sensation. Meanwhile, the sitz bath is a good choice for male patients during the medical treatment. Because the effect of warm water can promote the blood flow of body parts, and it can also strengthen the absorption of medicine at the same time, to promote the dissipation of inflammation.
The details about sitz bath include:
Make the water at 40℃, that is when you put the hand into it, you don't feel too hot. Pour the water into the tub, which is about half a basin. Sit for 15 to 30 minutes each time, and add some hot water after the water temperature drops, which is to keep the water temperature effective. Do it one or two times a day and 10 times for a treatment course.
The formulae about sitz bath include:
1. 30 grams of glauber salt, motherwort and fresh spring onion, 20 grams of rhubarb, mugwort and plantain.
2. Take one part of ordinary vinegar and add 15 parts of hot water. The water temperature should be subject to the patient's situation, so as to prevent scalding or cold.
3. 30 grams of rhizoma cymbidiae, eucommia ulmoides, bitter cardamon, fructus cnidii, leech, achyranthes bidentata, cerasus humilis, phellodendron and garden balsam stem.
4. 30 grams of rhubarb, pubescent holly root and honeysuckle. 10 grams of carthamus tinctorius, 15 grams of fructus evodiae and herba lycopi.
However, sitz bath is not recommended for the following patients with these two types of prostatitis:
1. To patients with prostatitis who are unmarried or childless, the treatment is generally not recommended as well, or at least, long-term using is not recommended. Doctors point out that the spermatogenic function of testis may be damaged by high temperature situation. Sometimes, you may hurt yourself by accident, thus leading to some problems related to sexual function and fertility. Long-term sitz bath is proved to lead to decreased spermatogenic function of testis.
2. Patients with acute prostatitis who have obvious clinical symptoms, such as fever, weakness and softness of limbs, and so on, often have more than 3 white blood cell in the routine testing for prostatitis. The sitz baths may lead to the spread of inflammation with adverse results.