Is Seminal Vesiculitis Treatable? What Should be Taken into Consideration?
The seminal vesicles are located behind the bladder and above the prostate, and seminal vesiculitis is the inflammation of the seminal vesicles. It is often associated with prostatitis. Acute seminal vesiculitis is caused by bacterial invasion and infection of the seminal vesicles, while chronic seminal vesiculitis is transformed from acute seminal vesiculitis. This disease is not contagious, but it can lead to male infertility.
The seminal vesicles neither produce nor store sperm. But when inflammation of the seminal vesicles occurs, it will affect the secretion function of the seminal vesicles, weaken the sperm activity ability, and lead to the death of sperm, thus leading to male infertility.
So, is seminal vesiculitis treatable? What should be taken into consideration during the treatment?
Many people worry that seminal vesiculitis is a complicated disease to treat, but it's not. Due to the structural characteristics of the seminal vesicle, drainage is not smooth after inflammation, bacteria invasion is easy to stay, and it isn't easy to cure completely. Patients should actively consult with the doctor for reasonable treatment to prevent the prolongation of seminal vesiculitis, whether it is acute or chronic seminal vesiculitis.
Common treatments for seminal vesiculitis include:
1. Selection of antibiotics sensitive to bacteria: acute seminal vesiculitis should be treated until the complete disappearance of symptoms, and then continue to use drugs for 1 to 2 weeks; chronic seminal vesiculitis needs to continue to use drugs for more than 4 weeks to consolidate the effect of treatment.
2. Traditional Chinese medicine treatment: compared with antibiotic treatment, this treatment has minor toxic or side effects and will not produce drug resistance. For example, Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill is a good choice.
3. Local treatment: Rectal administration of suppositories, such as wild chrysanthemum suppositories, prostate suppositories, nano-silver antimicrobial hydrogel, etc., or traditional Chinese medicine enema treatment. The medication can be administered according to the patient's situation once a night.
4. Massage: patients with chronic seminal vesiculitis can massage the prostate and the vesicle regularly, 1 to 2 times a week. It can enhance blood circulation in the prostate and seminal vesicles and promote the discharge of inflammatory substances. Combined with oral drug therapy, it can also be conducive to the infiltration of drugs. The premise only applies to chronic prostatitis or chronic seminal vesiculitis, do not massage in the acute attack.
Meanwhile, in the process of treating seminal vesiculitis, patients should also pay attention to the following matters:
1. Adopt a good lifestyle: change the bad habits in life. It is best to go to bed early and get up early every day to ensure enough sleep and prevent over-fatigue; don't sit for a long time, don't ride a bicycle for a long time, and avoid strenuous exercise, as well as pay attention to their hygiene. Patients should also do some exercise according to their physical conditions. For example, they can go jogging or walking.
2. Pay attention to diet: eat a light diet, mix meat and vegetables reasonably, eat more food rich in vitamins and minerals, do not eat stimulating food, and meanwhile, quit smoking and alcohol. Drink more water, but do not hold urine, and smooth the urinary tract.
3. Practice abstinence from sexual intercourse: Avoid too much sexual intercourse and let the prostate and seminal vesicle rest. It is better to prohibit intercourse in the first month after infection, and in the following 3-6 months, 1-2 times per month is appropriate to reduce the congestion of the sexual organs.
4. Prevent other diseases: the main target of the germs of seminal vesiculitis is the patient with decreased body resistance. So after suffering from seminal vesiculitis, patients must prevent various diseases and avoid respiratory infections, as well as the emergence of colds, dental caries, diarrhea, and other body infections. Also, they should try to improve the body's resistance to diseases.
5. Maintain an optimistic state of mind: emotional upset is also a major factor affecting the healing of the disease, so the patient should reduce concerns, have the confidence and determination to overcome the disease and not put too much psychological burden on themselves.
You may also be interested in: