Blood in urine - known medically as hematuria - is usually not a reason for major alarm.
Because blood in urine can be a sign of a serious medical condition, however, it shouldn't be ignored. All cases of hematuria should be evaluated by a doctor who can order tests to confirm or rule out an underlying cause.
There is no specific treatment for hematuria since it's a symptom and not a specific condition. Instead, treatment is aimed at the underlying cause if one can be found. In many cases, no treatment is necessary.
Hematuria may occur without any other symptoms. Some underlying causes, however, are associated with additional symptoms that can be moderate to severe. These include:
- Bladder infections (acute cystitis). In adults, bladder infections usually cause burning or pain with urination. which typically causes a burning pain when you urinate.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis). Symptoms may include fever, chills, and flank pain, which refers to pain in the lower back.
- Kidney stones. Symptoms may include severe abdominal or pelvic pain.
- Inflammation of the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body – this is known as Urethritis, and is often caused by the sexually transmitted infection chlamydia.
- An enlarged prostate gland – this is a common condition in older men and nothing to do with Prostate cancer: an enlarged prostate gland will press on the bladder and cause problems. such as difficulty urinating and a frequent need to urinate. This is usually only seen in men aged over 50 and usually progresses very slowly: it can often be cured if caught and treated early.
- Bladder cancer – again, this is usually only the cause in people aged over 50.
- Kidney cancer – this usually affects adults aged over 50, is often detected on scans done for other conditions, and can be cured if caught early.
- Injury to the Urinary Tract
- Prostatitis (Prostate Infection)
- Exercise Hematuria
What can I do for you?
(Add):Shop 1-3, Nan Hu Xin Cheng, Wenchang Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Copyright@2010-2017 Copyright @ Drleetcmclinic.com All Rights Reserved
Special Note .reproduced or quoted articles related to copyright issues come forward and contact us